View Single Post
Old 27-Jan-2015, 12:43 AM   #1
mjeck

Cure for dropout it wet windy weather?

Hi - I'm 3-4 miles from local broadcast towers, and generally get great reception with the Channel Master CM3016 up in the attic. But occasional problems with pixellation/audio drop, especially WHDH (real channel 42), but to a lesser extent on all channels. When it happens it can be frequent and quite annoying. Definitely worse in wet, windy weather. I want to make it stop.
I've read here that this can be caused by multipath interference, even from trees swaying in the wind. That could definitely be an issue for me, several large conifers along or near LOS to the towers.

So my question: What is most likely to work best in this situation? I read somewhere that a highly directional antenna with a signal attenuator can work...if so, suggestions for antenna and signal attenuator?

More context and TVFool report:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...2c1591ca34dd7c

Would really like to keep the antenna in the attic, slate roof, but could probably reposition it so that it "looks" through wood shingle-sided gable end.

driving two TVs via single splitter.

I only care about the 6 or so major network stations that are all 3-4 miles to the west and all UHF. I realize the CM3016 is a VHF/UHF combination antenna. Disconnected the leads from the VHF portion a few days ago; seems better but too soon to tell.

I'd appreciate any advice!
Thanks!
Michael
mjeck is offline   Reply With Quote