View Single Post
Old 10-Feb-2011, 3:40 PM   #1
MetHerb

Best options for a replacement setup

I have a Winegard HD-9032 and a Radio Shack Pre-Amp and a generic rotor. I live in the hills of Northeast CT about 30 miles from Hartford, CT and Springfield, MA and about 70 miles from Boston.

Here is a link to my signal analysis:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e07c16798dbdde

I'm kind of new to getting OTA signals and I'm impressed with what I've been able to get from multiple cities and I'd like to see if I can get additional channels. I can get most of the channels listed with a signal strength of -5.5 or higher. There are a couple that I cannot get due to local terrain and other issues.

Under ideal conditions, I can get signals as low as WSBK from Boston (signal strength listed as -14.9), but it hasn't been sufficiently strong enough to watch. I'd like to have a setup that would make that possible.

What I'm looking to do is revamp my whole setup from top to bottom to get the best possible reception. I'm going to put up a 40' wooden tower and place the antenna's up there. I'd like to add a VHF anntenna. I'm wondering what they optimum antenna setup would be. Separate VHF & UHF? What type of antenna is best? I've heard pros and cons of different antenna types. What about the preamp and cable? What would a dream antenna system look like?

My cable run goes from my existing 25' pole on top of a hill about 100-150' to my TV. That wouldn't change.

I'm hoping that experts here and others that have gone through this exercise will be able to help me.

Thanks in advance!

Dave
MetHerb is offline   Reply With Quote