View Single Post
Old 22-Jan-2012, 9:00 PM   #1
txanm

Antenna Selection

First hello! I am not a New Years resolution guy, but this year I am dumping my satellite. I have already purchased 2 Roku devices and they are great! I have tried out the AmazonPrime and I am not entirely impressed. Netflix seems to have more selection for my kids (2.5 & 5.5 years old) to watch. I have not dumped the satellite yet as I have one more month on my contract. I have a lot of information below, but wanted to be more thorough than not just in case I am missing something.

The next step is a good antenna. From my distance to the local stations I care about it doesn't seem like I will need much. I live in an unobstructed area, up on a hill, and I'm willing to mount something to my roof to pick up the best reception. Here is my fool report:
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...67d94eef08f0e7

I have found reccomendations to use the following setup for getting as many channels as possible:
Winegard HD7696P (Read HD7696P reviews)
Preamp: Required
Rotator: Required

Wired connections to TV's is not a problem. I wired every TV location in the house to have
(2) Cat6E wires
(2) Quad shielded Coax
(1) HDMI cable

All of these terminate in the basement in a centralized room. The joys of a foreclosed house & being able to tear some drywall up lead me to my insanity of all of these wires.

I have 5 TV's, but they won't all be requiring TV at all times. If possible I would wire it this way, but suggestions are welcome on the issues with this, or extra equipment I will need.

What do you think about this antenna selection stated above?

Thanks in advance for the help! It is greatly appreciated!

Last edited by txanm; 22-Jan-2012 at 9:02 PM.
txanm is offline   Reply With Quote