View Single Post
Old 4-Oct-2010, 1:34 AM   #11
cardinalfanrc

Better, but . . .

Thanks everyone for the help so far. So I replaced all of the old cable with a new 100' quad shielded cable from monoprice. This seems to have significantly improved the pixelation problem but doesn't seem to have fixed it completely. I watched TV on the major network channels (which is all I care about) for about an hour this afternoon. I saw no pixelation except for channel 7.1, which had several brief periods of pixelation. When I checked the signal strength on channel 7.1, it's about 60. This is a little odd because the signal strength from the other channels broadcasting from the same tower is about 90. I changed the direction of the antenna within a 45 degree arc and this didn't seem to make any significant difference in signal strength on any of the channels. So is a channel strength of 60 low enough to cause pixelation on my channel 7.1?

On a related note, now that I still have some pixelation with new cabling, I'm wondering if the problem is related to interference from trees and my neighbor's 2 story house. Below is a link to a picture taken from the level of the antenna. Basically the antenna is about the same height as the neighbor's roof and points pretty much right at the neighbor's house. Could this be causing the pixelation? I currently have a 10 foot mast. Should I try a taller mast to clear the neighbor's roof? Once again, any help is much appreciated.

http://picasaweb.google.com/ryan.col...96884694973026
cardinalfanrc is offline   Reply With Quote