View Single Post
Old 25-Sep-2010, 9:02 PM   #1
cardinalfanrc

Help with pixelated picture despite excellent signal - UPDATED

I just cut the cord from the cable company and installed an antenna but I'm having problems with the picture quality. The picture has brief pixelation lasting less than a second that occurs every minute or so. This happens on all of the major networks which are really the only channels that I'm interested in. My Tivo reports the signal strength as 93-100 on these channels. Here is the link to my TV Signal Analysis Report which shows excellent signal for all of the major network channels:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...a36220371cf285

I'm using a Winegard 7694P antenna mounted on my chimney at approximately 20-25 feet of the ground. It is pointed at 322 degrees from true north using my iphone. There are no splitters in the cabling although there is one connector to connect two pieces of cable together. The only possible obstruction is a neighboring house approximately 75 feet away that is in the line of sight for the antenna. It's a two story house (our's is one story) but the hight of the antenna is roughly the same height as the roof of the neighbor's house.

I'm confused as to why I have pixelation when I have good signal strength and the tvfool report shows that I shouldn't be having problems. Should I be looking at a different antenna? Is there any benefit to pointing the antenna up or down or raising it higher? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Last edited by cardinalfanrc; 4-Oct-2010 at 1:36 AM.
cardinalfanrc is offline   Reply With Quote