View Single Post
Old 11-Feb-2010, 5:59 PM   #5
WazzuGrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtownsend View Post
Did taking out the amp have any effect?

If you have your CS2 pointed at Seattle, you shouldn't be having that much trouble receiving channels like KING, KOMO, KIRO, and KONG. They are all UHF stations that are well within reach of the CS2's sensitivity.

This seems to imply that something else is wrong. If it's not due to amp overload, then I would suspect that multipath may be the problem. The CS2 has a pretty wide beam pattern, and if there are significant sources of multipath around (reflections off tall buildings, mountains, etc.), then the CS2 is going to deliver a lot of that to your receiver (making the signals hard to decode).

Have you ever watched analog channels with this antenna? If so, were there any visible ghosts?

A more directional antenna can cut down the amount of multipath being delivered to your tuner. What you want is an antenna with a narrower (side-to-side) beam width.
I haven't had a chance to change yet; it's been wet outside, so I haven't made it back up on the roof.

No buildings for reflections, but quite a bit of hills and a valley toward Seattle that may be causing it. Most likely overload from the Tiger Mtn transmitters.

I will try it; haven't given up on the CS2 yet, but I agree about the wide beam path. I thought that would be better to have a shot at the high-VHF KCPQ, though I now know that isn't possible with the CS2.

Thanks again for the help.
WazzuGrad is offline   Reply With Quote