View Single Post
Old 30-Mar-2011, 5:51 AM   #1
PhayenK

Can't get channel KCBS 2.1 No idea why

Hi all,

So I just moved to a new location, farther from the city. My TVFool thing is here:
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...8d176aa21d05df

My problem is I can't get 2.1 anymore. I used to have a small directional indoor amped Trek that I used to use in an apartment about 10 miles away. I got all the basics except for 7.1 and 9.1, but could just shift my antenna to get those specifics.

Since I now own the condo I'm in I decided to get an outdoor antenna (it was annoying to walk in front of the directional antenna and have the picture cut out). I bought a DB4 antenna and installed it outside on my roof. I took down an old satellite dish that was on the property and replaced it with the antenna. I wired it straight to the TV through the basement, no pre-amp of any kind. I used TVfool to orient my antenna (even though its suppposed to be multi-directional) I had all the channels and tons I've never heard of before. I was super happy. But I tried to watch CBS for the first time last night and it didn't come in. I rescanned and still nothing. Today I reoriented the antenna another 5 degrees in the right direction, but still no CBS.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Do I need to get a new antenna? My wire run is over 100', but no splits and no amps. I can make it shorter, I just haven't cut the cord. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
PhayenK is offline   Reply With Quote