View Single Post
Old 5-Nov-2014, 4:34 PM   #43
mulliganman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post

As for the intermittent errors on 10.1 and 33.1 from Fordland, I don't know. Might have been from something as mundane as a burst of noise from a switched device, might have been some wind-induced multipath that the decoder couldn't correct.

It's understandable about not wanting to move the 91XG up to the second floor peak should that be needed, it looks like it would be a very big job.

Swapping the C2V to a more directional 7-51 antenna would likely improve those SNRs, but the replacement antenna would be far larger. TANSTAAFL, you know.

Quad Shield won't make a difference.
I think I'm going to "sit" on this for a little while and observe seeing if I notice any patterns, etc.

While I do that, I would like to know if I decide to try to put the 91XG on the second floor peak what mounting equipment would I need to do that? It seems like when I had run a TV Fool report at different heights that somewhere in the 50 foot range made KRBK line of sight. I'm not sure if the 2nd floor peak meets that requirement or not, but it is still worth a consideration.

I was also wondering what are some of the better 7-51 antennas? I"m not sure I will be going that route but would like to know just in case.

I would also like to say thanks to both of you for your assistance and input to this point. It is greatly appreciated!
mulliganman is offline   Reply With Quote