View Single Post
Old 20-Nov-2010, 12:28 PM   #11
MikeInEburg

Hi all,

Thanks for the many replies. I will probably start by replacing the preamp with something that has lower noise - a couple of dB may do the trick. Next try a set top box. John - thanks for the reminder about DVD players - they're probably easier to find than quality set top boxes these days. Looking carefully at the coverage map, it is clear that this location is hidden behind a small rise - essentially located directly toward the transmitter tower.

Stacking - I've read a fair amount and could add the second antenna on the mount that I have - although I"d be pushing my luck. My antenna is roughly 18' above the closest roofline - and those rooflines are shaped such that I doubt they're reflecting the signal. More likely multipath source is the hill a mile or two off. If John's overview is correct, then I'd need a side-by-side "stack" to address this - logistically much more difficult. I'd need to replace my monopole mast with a tower. I have a flat roof (but nothing can touch/penetrate the flat roof) and an eight-foot parapet for mounting. No guy wires. Hence, I'm working thru the electronic possibilities first.

Thanks again!
Mike
MikeInEburg is offline   Reply With Quote