View Single Post
Old 6-Jun-2011, 1:05 AM   #1
packbuck

Talking Antenna DVR (like TIVO)

Magnavox MDR-513H/F7 320GB DVR and DVD Recorder ($199).

I have 2 of these. I was ticked off at DIRECTV, so I cancelled them after 7 years. I couldn't stand being without TIVO, so I found this baby!!! It works like TIVO. It will record up to 300 hours of Antenna programming to it's hardrive for you!!!

THE ONLY PROBLEM IS... IT DOESN'T ORGANIZE IT LIKE TIVO and you have to program it yourself (http://www.abc4.com/entertainment/listings/default.aspx). I called TIVO and they wanted me to pay $300 for their unit and $400 for their lifetime subscription. If I would have gone the TIVO route---their DVR didn't have as big of a hard drive, so it wouldn't have been able to record as many shows either.

The Magnavox isn't near as fancy, but it does the trick.

If you're looking for something to record over the air HD shows or standard TV on the cheap---this is it. It's also a DVD recorder/player.

Good luck--thought I'd pass it along. I looked a long time to find this baby.

You can buy it on Amazon. I stopped by WalMart to buy it and they had no clue what I was talking about (even though their website advertised it was available online).

Packbuck

PS I'm saving over $1,000 a year by cutting Directv out of my life. They don't own me ANYMORE!!!

Last edited by packbuck; 6-Jun-2011 at 1:10 AM.
packbuck is offline   Reply With Quote