View Single Post
Old 8-Oct-2014, 5:15 PM   #6
nleahcim

OK - to answer a couple of questions:

The complaint was sent me on a very formal template through the mail. It came from a company that apparently runs the HOA.

I was able to acquire a copy of the HOA rules today (I had previously been unable to do so). I found this rule regarding satellite dishes:
Quote:
Satellite Dish Antennas Policy
A satellite dish antenna of one meter or less in diameter may be installed entirely within exclusive use common area (i.e., rear patios and front porches). The antenna may not be affixed to the exterior of the exclusive use common area and cannot penetrate any part of the building structure. The antenna must remain inside the vertical and lateral boundaries of the exclusive use common area. When the Association has given notice of scheduled painting of common area property, the antenna must be
removed to allow for painting.
I also found this rule:
Quote:
Exterior Building Surfaces
Exterior building surfaces may not be repainted or altered in any way. No
owner may affix anything to the exterior surface of any building without
the written approval of the Architectural Committee.
So if that is valid - I see that I am violating their rules... but it is not clear if the FCC allows that limitation? Certainly the FCC overrules the HOA.

I'm attaching two photos. One shows where my antenna is attached. That is my patio behind it. The second shows a satellite dish. I found a huge number of satellite dishes installed at my building - but all installed in similar ways to this with this strange stand. I suspect I should just find a similar stand and be done with it. Thoughts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SMALL_IMG_20141008_074040701_HDR.jpg (94.4 KB, 612 views)
File Type: jpg SMALL_IMG_20141008_074630548_HDR.jpg (172.4 KB, 600 views)
nleahcim is offline   Reply With Quote