View Single Post
Old 5-Mar-2015, 5:11 PM   #1
EndoftheRoad

In Maryland, hoping to get Philly Stations

I've looked everywhere trying to figure out if its worth it for me to proceed or not. Figured it was time to ask the experts.

I'm on the upper chesapeake, roughly 60 miles from the Philly OTA signals that I'd like to pull in. I'd like to bring in WPVI(-94.0dbm), WCAU(-104.1),KYW(-102.5) and WTXF(-110.9) From looking at the DBM's, I'm assuming that the only shot i have is wpvi. We're at the far end of a peninsula, with a significant amount of foliage between.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...f1f02659bf0373

Configuration wise, I already have a Channelmaster 7777, and had an antenna that was already in place in my garage attic(forget the brand/model). Bought the CM 7777 hoping to boost the signal, and evidently the antenna that is in place is shot since i couldnt bring in any signals, and upon further inspection the antenna looks like it was attacked by a gorilla or a manbearpig.

The garage attic space is roughly 20 feet high where it would be mounted from ground level. The garage is preferable, but not my only option. I have the option of adding height to an existing pole which a cellphone booster is attached to that is about 25feet off groundlevel now if need be.

I'm more or less at the point where i just want to know if it's even worth the investment of an antenna. I've looked into the wingard HD7698 series, and Channelmaster CM3020. It's one of those i already have the preamp, do i invest more or just accept that Philly Stations are not going to happen. A cheapy monoprice antenna brings in 4 baltimore stations, so thats always a backup.

Any insight would certainly help.

Thanks,
Justin
EndoftheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote