View Single Post
Old 23-Aug-2017, 3:39 PM   #1
shovel99

Question Help with reception Marietta GA 30068

Hi Guys,
Thanks in advance for both this incredible website resource and all of you who contribute to helping us newbies cut the cord!
Here is my location link, hopefully I got it right.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e6a4381253bfc9

I live in a NW suburb of Atlanta and have a lot of channels available to me, only 13-22 miles from most of the desired channels. My challenge is that our house is "in a hole", located at lowest point in our neighborhood with huge trees behind the house (creek back there) and then houses higher on the hill on the other side of the creek between us and the signals, most of which at 150-165 or so.

It is my starting goal to put the antenna in the attic. I took a stab and bought a CM 4228 and have it pointed roughly 156. Of the five TV's in my home, one upstairs near the TV and three on the main level below are "regular viewing". From what I have read, what might make sense is to use a preamp next to the antenna in the attic, use a 2 way splitter there and feed the primary bedroom tv direct out of the splitter... and run the other output to the basement (100 ft + -) Use a 4 out amplifier and feed the three TV's there with equal length approx 25 foot each lines.

I am open to suggestions regarding antenna, getting another one that better suits my situation is small change in eliminating cable charges. In my original test of the 4228 plugged directly into one of the TV's (this may have been in winter before leaves), I seem to recall getting almost every channel we wanted on this list except ION Real channel 31, which is like 180 degrees off most of the channels in the other direction. There is a huge hill on that side of the house also and lots of trees there, too. When I hooked the 100 foot lead (from preamp) to an unpowered 4 way splitter, there wasn't much at all. I have since learned that I need the powered splitter and have one on order.
There are a couple of channels in the VHF ranges that we will need: WANN 32 provides a guide for broadcast channels, a must have. From what I am reading, the 4228 is not the choice in this situation.

I am greatly looking forward to the group's advice!

Thanks, Paul
shovel99 is offline   Reply With Quote