View Single Post
Old 4-Apr-2012, 3:45 PM   #1
echesh

Newbie cutting the cord, which antenna??

Hello out there!

I am kicking cable to the curb and going for OTA only for all my HDTV channels. Problem is, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to antennas. I've looked on antenna web, and while most channels I currently watch are listed in yellow, there are also ones that are in other colors of the rainbow, which just confuses me.

Here's my report: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...267e4f514f88df

I live in a metro area, but far enough away that I'm on farm land with no tall buildings or even trees anywhere around. I used to have a satellite dish, and it was located (by the installers) on the back of my two story house (facing due south), but only about 15ft up, not on the roof or anything. I'm not sure if I should go with an indoor or outdoor, but if outdoor, it's very windy here, so my options might be limited. My house is about 15 years old, vinyl siding, basic colonial really, let me know if you need more info.

The other thing I'm not sure of is how to connect one antenna to more than one tv. I'll primarily be using two HDTVs connected to TiVo boxes (one upstairs, one down) but would love to get reception on other sets as well. Can I just connect the antenna to my existing cable setup (the way the satellite did)?

Thanks for any help!
Clueless Tech Lady

Last edited by echesh; 4-Apr-2012 at 4:51 PM.
echesh is offline   Reply With Quote