View Single Post
Old 29-Nov-2013, 2:44 AM   #12
navagator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundUrMast View Post
I think the existing antenna has served well but needs to be replaced.

Have you seen WOI, real CH-5 or WHBF, real CH-4 with the existing system? If so, consider the Winegard HD7084P equipped with an RCA TVPRAMP1R preamplifier. If not, then consider the HD7698P + preamp.

Thank you for your suggestions.

I think I'll go with the HD7698P + preamp and raise my pushup pole another 10 foot. I think I'll also replace my coax with a good 100' single piece of coax. Solid Signal seems to have the best deal I could find on coax, 100' quad shielded, solid copper conductor with connectors for just under $33 shipped.

On another note, yesterday I was experiencing very heavy signal dropouts on CH 13 - WHO. It was so bad you just couldn't watch it. I started tinkering around with things behind my TV and noticed that my preamp was turned up almost all the way, probably 85 to 90 percent open. I turned it down and the signal stabilized. So I decided to just turn it down all the way and see how it worked, my signal went down slightly but I haven't experienced any dropouts since. Evidently the amplifier was overdriving my tuner.

Thanks again.
navagator is offline   Reply With Quote