View Single Post
Old 12-Oct-2016, 1:46 PM   #3
bobsgarage
Antenna Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
You didn't buy a "TV set", you bought a video display AKA a monitor. It can not classified as a TV set unless it includes a tuner.
Ahh, yes I see, thanks for making that distinction, You are correct.

Quote:
There are no tuners left on the market that have two separate antenna inputs AFAIK. If you have that requirement and combining hasn't worked, get two tuners, one for each direction, and hook them up to separate HDMI ports on your monitor.
Yes, I know. I thought the HD Home Run had two RF inputs, but the picture shows only one RF input. But, they call it a 2-tuner.

Quote:
combining hasn't worked,
Yeah, that is the real thorn in my side. I wish there was a way to make it work, because I have excellent signals from each direction, but when combined, I lose some signals.

AD Tech, do you recommend removing the reflectors from a 91XG? Or is it just the bay antennas that works on?

I ask because, it would be a monumental task to get up high enough safely to do such a thing

Quote:
External tuners start at less than $35 and go up from there. Many of them, even the entry level ones, offer the option of DVR capability with an added USB hard drive. However, many of those units also feature remotes that are "minimalist", at best, have a clunky user interface, and seem to have buggy software. I haven't experimented much with any of them, so I can't advise you as far as specifics, but I can give those general impressions.
I have Homeworx HW-150PVR, the HD picture quality is great. The signal meter is kind of a joke though. The display and the meter itself. Today even though I had an excellent signal, the "Signal Quality" display was dead. No color in the dots. It was only $29, but, I can't use two because the remotes will conflict.
If I get another tuner, I want something with a great signal meter also.

Quote:
Perhaps someone who does have experience with the currently available set-top tuners can provide some specifics

That's why I came here!

Thanks, Bob

Last edited by bobsgarage; 12-Oct-2016 at 1:50 PM.
bobsgarage is offline   Reply With Quote