View Single Post
Old 5-Aug-2014, 1:17 AM   #46
Billiam

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvairbob View Post
this what the antenna signal company suggested. Winegard HD 7698P Platinum Series High Definition VHF/UHF TV Antenna (HD7698P) so what is the difference in these 2 antennas?

i tried to do the add a channel today again on the proscan it has an add channel feature and when i tried to use it it just erased the other channels just like it did when i did the channel search and it will not le me just plug in channels, it will let me take them away but not ass new ones with doing the search. so somehow i have to couple 2 antennas together. i see these all the time on pole on roofs 2 3 or 4 antennas on the same pole so some must be connected together somehow. using a a-b switch i don't think will do any good because i can't add new channels manually. thanks
You mentioned that you would like to watch Ch. 5. That is not going to be received by the Winegard antenna. I've used Winegard antennas in the past and while they are well built I've found the gain spec's they publish are not accurate. Antennacraft antennas actually have more gain and are still fairly well built. I've used Deep Fringe antennas from both Antennacraft and Winegard and the Antennacraft have always done better with weaker signals.

The only way around the problem of saving channels is to buy a new TV. If you can get your hands on a used Sony Bravia that will allow you to rescan for new channels without losing the old channels. You may need to contact other manufacturers to see if they also offer this feature. With Samsung you can at least punch in a channel and watch it if it is not scanned in. It will then be retained in the memory.
Billiam is offline   Reply With Quote