View Single Post
Old 25-Dec-2013, 2:55 PM   #28
Flint Ridge
Junior Member Wannabe

The Noise Margin figures are from TVFool. The particulars on stations are showing what MHz they are broadcasting at. The other db figures are my ponderings as to antenna selection for my particular situation. Yours will be different.

On KMOS back in the Analog days their tower was about 2 miles from my house. I had to run TWO channel 6 (VHF) filters in series to knock it down to something reasonable. Now the tower has moved and really is no where near Sedalia anymore. It is in Syracuse, MO (20 miles further away) and IS the tallest structure in the state of Missouri at over 2,000 feet I think. 4th largest in the US - behind a few other towers by no more than 63'. Matter of fact it is tied for 9th place as the Tallest Structure in the WORLD! 322kw digital transmitter and that height means it is technically Line of Sight for probably half of Kansas. Heck the math presuming normal curvature of the earth at 8" drop per mile and a 2000' tower means 3000 miles would be LOS. Now that is funny!
Flint Ridge is offline   Reply With Quote