View Single Post
Old 25-Dec-2013, 1:35 PM   #26
Flint Ridge
Junior Member Wannabe

First off, Merry Christmas to all! We have our celebration after church on Christmas Eve. So all my girls are sleeping.

The software is found within SiliconDust HDHomerun PC Tuners. I've picked them up on special over the past couple years under $70 each. Each is a dual tuner, but only one antenna connection. It can work as a DVR etc. But from GroundUrMast I found this utility within the program that allows a person so see the tuner info. There is a $200 version that is a Tech version that allows more precise detail to be displayed. But really this works good enough.

As to WDAF CrashHD, who knows? It truly may be the signal difference. If you look at the neighboring KC stations they are around (for me) 1NMdb and up to 5NMdb. Yet it is -7NMdb I get everything else so very solid. I'm thinking of an antenna upgrade a notch and be done with it. With your location you should be able to upgrade your antenna and I bet your problems go away. Have you decided on an antenna yet? The DB8e is good and you are closer, but with the split bays, I'd be curious to see how that works. Should be fine.

Below is some mind numbing fuzzy math data pulled together, and extrapolated between known points of data. There could be notches in gain that mine does not show.

Last edited by Flint Ridge; 25-Dec-2013 at 2:01 PM. Reason: added data
Flint Ridge is offline   Reply With Quote