Thread: No Signal
View Single Post
Old 11-Jun-2017, 8:41 PM   #9
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
I assume I need both ends access to test,
No, you need to make voltage measurements at the end opposite the power inserter.

Quote:
and realize the inner wire is both pos and neg.
No. usually, the inner wire is positive and the shield (outer) is the negative (aka "ground" or "low" side. Just be aware that there are F-connectors out there with a clear coating on the exterior that forces one to put the negative meter lead on the inside (threads) of the F-connector while simultaneously probing the center conductor with the positive meter lead and, not shorting them together...

Quote:
and realize the inner wire is both pos and neg.
Nope. One cannot measure the impedance of coax cable with a simple multimeter. All you can do is measure the resistance of continuity of both the shield and the center conductor and also check to verify they are not shorted to each other.

An analog VCR can check only the analog portion of a tuner, some of which is shared by the digital signal path. If it fails to receive analog signals, it's bad, but the opposite cannot be assumed.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote