View Single Post
Old 6-Sep-2011, 5:27 PM   #5
tvlurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ve2dc View Post
Based on the signal here near Beauharnois they are either at the East End location or running lower than normal power.
Neither V nor TQ will be returning to the Mount Royal candelabra.
TQ has changed frequency from 27 to 26, and is supposed to increase power to the 250kW range, but will still be broadcasting from the top of the Olympic Tower. The tower is the same elevation as the peak of Mount Royal, so those close to the western slopes of Mount Royal may have trouble with it. Those further west may have better luck.

Quote:
BTW, do you know what has happened with CFJP (35). I could never receive them on 42 because of the location and low power but they should be solid here on 35 with their published 825KW ERP
825 kW was a a maximuam allotment from the top of Mount Royal. It is not what V applied for. (In fact, none of the 845kW or 1MW allotments were ever applied applied for. I suspect that this is because those powers either exceeded the previous analog coverage, or they exceeded Industry Canada's maximum contour limit, which I 100km for primary assignments.)
From http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/smt-gst...E/bpr10-i1.pdf Para B-1.6 on page 4.
Quote:
The protected area is determined using the methodology outlined in Appendix 4. It is limited to a distance of 100 km for primary assignments or 20 km for secondary assignments.
V has reverted to channel 35 from the same antenna atop an apartment building in the east end that they used for the pre-transition on channel 42. If you didn't get 42 digital, it is highly unlikley you will get 35 digital.

Last edited by tvlurker; 6-Sep-2011 at 5:32 PM.
tvlurker is offline   Reply With Quote