View Single Post
Old 2-Sep-2016, 6:23 PM   #12
NCMike

I have received everything but due to the weather/tropical storm that will be affecting us today and tomorrow I will probably not be able to roof mount until Monday or Tuesday. However that did not stop me from testing in the attic and 2nd floor of my home. I achieved best results by placing the DB4e with relectors removed and the vhf kit facing around 120 degrees out a 2nd floor window. With the window open I get all the channels that I wanted. I feel confident that once mounted on the roof another 20ft up I will be completely satisfied.

ADTech, I did receive the new snap on VHF kit from antennas direct and not the "old style" even though I asked multiple times for the "old style" as directed. I currently have the new style vhf kit zip tied to the mast. From google image searches it looks like the old style mounts to the mast with hardware and not zip tied. Is this true? Is there any way you can help me get the "old style" vhf kit? I am mounting this 40ft up on a very steep roof where I will have to rent a lift to get to. Id like to limit my trips up there for adjustments.
NCMike is offline   Reply With Quote