View Single Post
Old 24-Apr-2016, 4:45 PM   #1
corvairbob

i have a question about installing an antenna

i tried last summer installing an antenna but the channels were poor for the most part. so today i moved it and tried again about the same.
49442 shows me i should be able to get more that a dozen channels and i get about 13 of them i have a dipole that gets 49 and 2 beams that point to the ne and se i have had them from 8 ft to more that 50 ft and about the same.

what puzzles me is i get some channels further away that some stronger one's closer.

i get 13,17,29,49,54. with the beams pointing now i get 13 good 17 normal 29 good 49 good 54 poor to no signal.

if i read that map i should be getting a bunch more. i have i have a signal combiner on the system so i can have them all connected then one cable to the tv i'm testing with. i tried an amp but did not seem to be any difference.

i don't mind spending the money i just don't want to spend it twice.

so if anyone has a solution that can help out i sure do appreciate it thanks. i tried to follow the below plan. the pictures are of the system i'm trying to use now the top one is pointing north east the second one is taped to a pole about 10' away 10' from the ground higher doesn't seem to do any better with this one the last is pointing south east.

thanks for the help bp.

A link to a TV Fool report for your exact location (your exact location will not be shown in the report, so it is safe to post here)
If you have an existing antenna, amp, wiring, and/or splitters, please share any information you can about the setup
If there are any channels you don't care about, let us know, because it might simplify some of your options
If you are trying to diagnose an existing reception problem, describe the symptoms of the problem as best you can
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1s-l225.jpg (3.3 KB, 644 views)
File Type: jpg 00S0S_arNCYqQnepW_600x450.jpg (11.0 KB, 677 views)
File Type: jpg s-l225.jpg (11.0 KB, 680 views)
corvairbob is offline   Reply With Quote