View Single Post
Old 11-Jul-2014, 12:12 AM   #2
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Please tell me about the TV set you're using.

The DB8e would be considered "myopic" on VHF, but it's far from blind. Your two local VHF stations are plenty strong for an 8e.

Quote:
If I attempt to put the antenna output into a basic splitter I get no signal.
That would suggest the splitter or a cable might be defective. What specific brand and model are they? Your PBS station, for example, should have more than -30 dBm of power at the DB8e's terminals leaving more than 50 dB of signal margin for distribution losses. If you loose it, then something is seriously awry. WHRM should be readily picked up with just a piece of bare wire clipped to the center conductor of your coax, it's that strong.

Have your tried connecting your down lead directly into each side of the array, one at a time and re-running your tests with the TV and the splitters?

Your only shot at NBC is WEAU. You'd have to have the DB8e pointed directly at it, probably with a pre-amp, to pick it up. Depending, of course, on what your immediate signal path is in that direction.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote