View Single Post
Old 7-Apr-2015, 9:30 PM   #9
eden

The picture above is my C2 mounted on the wall in my old apartment in Raleigh. No special hardware is needed. A hook you'd use to mount a framed picture or a lamp should work. There is an optional floor stand but it doesn't come with the antenna and I wouldn't spend the money. The higher you mount it in most cases the better off you are. In that picture you'll see that I had it above an entertainment center right near the ceiling.

With those signal strengths an amplifier might well overload and do more harm than good. You shouldn't need one.

I would also consider moving it around the room where you plan to mount it to find the best spot and turn it a small amount at a time and rescan. Sometimes the best spot isn't exactly where you'd expect. Also, sometimes the strong stations come in almost no matter where you point the antenna but you can add a weaker station by pointing more towards it without losing anything. I'd also consider having two hooks if you mount near a corner like I did. When I first came to where I live now and had the antenna indoors I could point it one way and get most (not all) of the Greensboro/Winston-Salem area stations and I could point it another way and get some of the Roanoke stations. Fox from Roanoke comes in here; from High Point not so much even though it's supposed to be my local station for my market. The flexibility of being able to turn the antenna when you have it indoors does add to your available stations.

As far as the "no prospect" for VHF reception, in theory ADTech is right. In my experience this antenna sometimes surprises you and picks up things in the yellow or pink, where an outside antenna or at least an attic antenna should be necessary. At least occasional, intermittent reception of channels 13 or 7 is possible when there is enhanced propagation. Besides, I don't see the C2 in stores anymore, only the C2V, which is available at Wal-Mart or Best Buy. I wouldn't get hung up on whether or not you have a V model or not. Certainly, if the C2 is available near you there probably isn't much point in spending more for a C2V.

Rescan periodically, especially at night, over a period of weeks. You may add a marginal station to what's programmed into your TV and then find it's there more than it isn't.

Good luck! I think the C2 or C2V will do well for you.

Last edited by eden; 7-Apr-2015 at 9:32 PM. Reason: Additional info
eden is offline   Reply With Quote