View Single Post
Old 30-Sep-2017, 3:26 AM   #6
JoeAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHealy View Post
Hey everyone, I just sold my previous home and was running OTA there. We just bought our new home in South Carolina and currently streaming to get us by. We all would like to watch local weather/news/sports asap but before I buy an antenna I would like everyone's opinion on which antenna you would suggest. Previous house was easy, 99% of stations were in 1 direction, now it seems I may need like a 8 bow tie antenna that. I could angle each half in different directions to pull in more stations. I was looking at a DB8e BUT if ya'll have other opinions, Im here and listening. Thank you in advance for helping me out. Here's my TVFOOL.COM report... http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e6a4269fb2430b
In general, indoor antennas are temporary band aids for reception. You are not likely to get all the "local" stations with an indoor antenna nor will you get consistent reception, free of pixels, on those few stations you do receive.
You need a Hi VHF and UHF antenna combination. The Channel Master 3016 would fit your needs at a good price. Jet.com for around $55.00
The Winegard 7694p would also be a good choice, around $60.00

The big questions for you is how close are any trees in a Northerly direction and how tall are those trees????? Are there any hills or mountains to the immediate North of you??? How much are you willing to spend for good reception???
JoeAZ is offline   Reply With Quote