Thread: Hi VHF
View Single Post
Old 27-Apr-2019, 4:43 PM   #7
Nascarken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit73 View Post
I assume you mean the 4228HD. Not really equivalent. The C5 gain curve is smooth; the 4228HD VHF-High gain curve has peaks and dips.

They should both have been designed for 75 ohm output. The printed circuit balun for the 4228HD was designed for UHF only; any VHF signals were incidental.

It bothers me that the dipole is behind the reflector; it should be in the clear. I don't know how much difference it makes.
Yes, it is a compromise as far as element locations is concerned but also how UHF and VHF are combined. Most combo antennas use shorting stubs to block UHF from the VHF section. The Winegard HD7694P and 7698P keep UHF and VHF separate in the CB8269 cartridge.
The Winegard combos are more efficient than most other combos. My intuition says that separate VHF and UHF antennas are more efficient, but actual comparative measurements would be required at any particular location.

You haven't defined what type of balun and what type of cartridge, so I will have to make some assumptions.

There are several types of baluns.
1. Conventional ferrite core balun that is good for UHF and VHF.
2. Printed circuit balun now used for UHF antennas; not good for VHF.
3. Halfwave coaxial balun; low loss, but good for only one TV band: UHF, VHF-High, or VHF-Low.
That assumption is only true if the signal strength is uniform at your location. In reality, there will be hot and cold spots for the antenna. The reviews for the Stacker are mixed Some users like it, others don't.
Yes that's true but Troposcatter Ground gain Radiation angle vhf.?
Thank you Rabbit ears for your input.Qsl Hf ??
And when I used the Winegrud 8200U when you get rid of the black box and hook up
A vhf/uhf amp to it what A big improvement 35:dbg vhv.wow/uhf45:dbg double wow.
And when stacking them Winegrud 's amp on tv on one person on the roof to adjust the ANTENNA apart and the other person at the tv sets when the picture come into play WOW that's awesome!!!!lol I like four shire things and the best results on my rf
Polarization and RECEIVE range WOW!!!on the vhf.&the other end uhf 91xg,Double. WOW!!

Last edited by Nascarken; 29-Apr-2019 at 7:33 PM.
Nascarken is offline   Reply With Quote