View Single Post
Old 7-Feb-2016, 1:34 AM   #8
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

I'm having a hard time with the channel numbers. Real channel numbers don't have a decimal point, and virtual channel numbers do have a decimal point, but you are using numbers without a decimal point for virtual channel numbers. Also, the report doesn't always list the virtual channel number, which is why I asked for callsigns.
Quote:
My primary channels are from Corpus Christi - KIII, KRIS and KZTV
Quote:
The Corpus Christi channels are normal to good during the day but at night they get weak to normal and cut out a lot. I'm wondering if an array antenna would be better.
They are some of your strongest channels. You shouldn't be having trouble with them unless there is something in the signal path like trees or another building.
Quote:
I am surprised that I can't seem to put 2 amps (6 total for 3 antennas)in series to boost the signals to the point that I can combine all 3 coaxes without losing all my signals. I understand that if there is no signal - I can't amp it but there is signal.
I remember the first time I did that; I thought there was something wrong with my equipment. What you have is an overload condition. The second preamp and the tuner are being overloaded to the point that the signal is there, but it can't be decoded by the tuner. Too much signal.
Quote:
to boost the signals to the point that I can combine all 3 coaxes without losing all my signals.
What method are you using to combine them?

I still need to know the make and model of the antennas and preamps.

Last edited by rabbit73; 7-Feb-2016 at 1:40 AM.
rabbit73 is offline   Reply With Quote