View Single Post
Old 7-Feb-2016, 12:46 AM   #6
mwnewberry

The 3 antennas are aimed -
South to capture Channels 3, 6 and 10 from Corpus Christi.
East to capture signals from Victoria TX. Ch 25
and North to capture San Antonio channels 4, 5 and 12.
My primary channels are from Corpus Christi - KIII, KRIS and KZTV
If I switch from the South antenna to the North antenna I can usually pick up channels 4,5 and 12 - unless a front (Norther) is moving in but the signals are weak to normal.
The Corpus Christi channels are normal to good during the day but at night they get weak to normal and cut out a lot. I'm wondering if an array antenna would be better.
I have recently set up the 3rd antenna to the East to pick up the Victoria channels and they seem to be the best (good) - so far! At least they have not been dropping out at night.
I am surprised that I can't seem to put 2 amps (6 total for 3 antennas)in series to boost the signals to the point that I can combine all 3 coaxes without losing all my signals. It seems the more amps I insert - the less signal I get! Why is that? There is signal there.
I don't remember the Mfg of the preamps - I will check on that when I get back down there. The Victoria antenna (East) only has an amp in the splitter that goes to the TVs. No mast mounted antenna. This is the original South antenna. I replaced it with a new one since the Corpus channels were cutting out so bad - thought it might be bad but it seems to work for the Victoria channels.
mwnewberry is offline   Reply With Quote