View Single Post
Old 5-Aug-2014, 1:05 AM   #45
corvairbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
Personally I would recommend that you buy a quality antenna like the Antennacraft HD 1850 and mount it on a rotor. That should get most or all of the channels you desire down to Ch. 5 which is a bit iffy since it is a VHF Lo signal and very weak. Don't use a pre amp because it will probably affect some of your channels with interference. RG11 cable will help if you are using a fairly long run of cable.

I am not a fan of fixed antennas unless all the signals are coming from a few degrees of the direction the antenna is pointed. I've tried this more than once and I always get a picture break up in certain weather conditions. The only way to avoid this problem, provided the signal is strong, is to use a rotor.
this what the antenna signal company suggested. Winegard HD 7698P Platinum Series High Definition VHF/UHF TV Antenna (HD7698P) so what is the difference in these 2 antennas?

i tried to do the add a channel today again on the proscan it has an add channel feature and when i tried to use it it just erased the other channels just like it did when i did the channel search and it will not le me just plug in channels, it will let me take them away but not ass new ones with doing the search. so somehow i have to couple 2 antennas together. i see these all the time on pole on roofs 2 3 or 4 antennas on the same pole so some must be connected together somehow. using a a-b switch i don't think will do any good because i can't add new channels manually. thanks
corvairbob is offline   Reply With Quote