View Single Post
Old 9-Jan-2012, 7:40 PM   #10
ChrisAntennahead

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Loudin View Post
That's GUM's and my point. Your multipath comes from using two antennas. It does matter how far apart the antennas are, but only in the sense of what channels might be affected. So long as the HBU-55 picks up some WEDW, it has the chance to cause problems no matter where it is installed.
Understood. I just hope that the 12 hours that my phenomena persisted are the last 12 hours of it that I see. It has not happened before or since. I personally cannot blame my setup for something that reared its head for such a brief span of time, that's all.

Have I just been lucky? Given all you and Ground Your Mast have said so far, I guess so! LOL! What I do need to ask, since combining antennae is probably going to become more common in the digital OTA environment, is what is the correct way to do what i'm doing?

#1. Do the lengths of RG6 from both of my antennas need to be the same, even though the DB8 is just outside the room where the TV is located?

#2. Should I be using something other than just a reverse-split method to combine the antennae?

#3. Should I be using something to limit what frequencies either antenna is capable of picking up - I.E. confine the DB8 to channels over, say 30?

These are steps I may be willing to take for the sake of all concerned partie- err - antennas!

-Chris

Last edited by ChrisAntennahead; 9-Jan-2012 at 7:40 PM. Reason: spelling
ChrisAntennahead is offline   Reply With Quote