View Single Post
Old 5-Mar-2014, 8:01 AM   #5
dmfdmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
One question before I proceed. Before going out and spending on a quality roof mount antenna, is there an inexpensive indoor antenna that I could acquire just to get an idea of what OTA television will be like? It would be very helpful just to know from a couple of strong, close by stations that I can make the system work and that I'm not overlooking any technical requirements.
Welcome Charles. This is a smart way to start, a step many people skip that leads to frustration, disappointing results and wasted time and money. I second GroundUrMast's recommendation for the cheap $9 test antenna.

I got into OTA via a utube video on making a TV antenna from coat hangers. It worked so well I now have a nice ANT751 on my roof serving 3 TVs with 80+ channels (Ok, to be honest many of them aren't in English). So get a cheap antenna and learn a bit, questions answered here, so when you are ready to move up to a "real" antenna you will have a good understanding of the issues unique to your location and your needs. Good luck.
dmfdmf is offline   Reply With Quote