View Single Post
Old 8-Jul-2014, 12:09 AM   #40
kenj66

Well, this has been fun. I found a wonderful antenna and it's actually a 91XG. I imagined that once everything was in place I could point it north and see what I could pick up from Vancouver, BC, and point it south and see what I could pick up from Portland. A little DX-ing as we called it in my Ham Radio days. Let's see....... that was perhaps 50 years ago!

I have decided to "cool my jets" as we also used to say, and forgo the more elaborate setup. I have neuropathy in my feet and my wife is quite apprehensive about my climbing around on the roof. So, I have decided to move my eave mount to the back of the house, use a single 4 1/2 foot mast thereby requiring no guy wires. Happily, I get all the stations I wanted using the preamp. The preamp will be mounted under the lower eaves where I can get to it with a modest ladder. I'll use a 25 foot piece of RG-6 quad shield to the amp, 50 feet to the splitter and the entrance to the house. The tradeoffs in this configuration will be just fine.

And, I have met (virtually) some great people! This is very good forum and appreciate the resource.
kenj66 is offline   Reply With Quote