View Single Post
Old 16-Aug-2011, 2:34 AM   #12
Ryan Van

After reading both of your responses to my initial question, I decided to go with the Channel Master CM4228HD mounted outside (15 ft high) and worse case I would buy an additional antenna to pick up KCPQ-Fox. My jaw dropped when the CM4228HD was no better than my initial RCA-ANT751. I initially aimed the CM4228HD at 154 degree magnetic compass and received 13 stations. I then rotated to 104 degree magnetic compass and received 18 stations (with the RCA-ANT751 I received 19 stations at 104 degrees). I do pick up KCTS-PBS and KCPQ-Fox at 104 degrees which is a good, however I don't pick up KOMO-ABC. KING-NBC and KIRO-CBS barely have a signal and cut in and out (they are both slightly better with the pre-amp but still cut in and out). So my question is, what do I need to do to get PBS, Fox, ABC, NBC and CBS consistently? Should I try my attic, which is lots of work and sweat or do I need a different antenna? The Douglas fur are likely causing difficulty. I am using RG-6 coax that DirecTV installed for the previous tenants (about 45 feet with no splitters). My digital converter box is an RCA STB7766G1. My preamp is the Winegard AP-8700, which provides a slight improvement on all stations (I initially installed the antenna without the preamp). My budget is tight and I've nearly exhausted my funds buying the CM4228HD and a mount and my wife's patients is running short with my experiments.
Ryan Van is offline   Reply With Quote