View Single Post
Old 16-Apr-2012, 12:49 PM   #14
meridish

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundUrMast View Post
@meridish, Using an amplified antenna followed by an accessory amplifier rarely produces the results you're reporting. I can't argue with your individual success though.

Given the large number of strong signals in this situation, an amplified antenna or an accessory amplifier would likely be overloaded.
Hi Groundmast,

With due respect to your kind self I want to clarify the following:

1. My antenna is not amplified model.
2. I am facing away from the CN tower to deal with the problem of overfloading.
3. This antenna has been tested in Markham, Mississauga, Brampton by five of us. I am using preamp as I have installed it in attic. My other friends are not even using any preamp as they have installed it on their roof using their existing sattellite dish mast.
4. The gain values mentioned by the co. may be a marketting gimmic. But my results are true. If any body living in GTA (Greater toronto area) is most welcome to come and see the results.

I am getting following channels

NBC(2.1), 2.2, , CTV 2(3.1), CTV(9.1), CHCH(11.1), ABC(7.1) CBC(5.1), PBS (17.1, 17.2), TVO(19.1), 25.1, 29.1 and 29.2(Fox), 36, Global(41.1), Omni1(47.1), mytv (49.1), Citytv(57.1), Omni2(69.1) and some times i get ION on 51.1, 51.2, 51.3

@Electron: I think it is not at all sin to buy a cloned antenna. If I am getting better results than DB8 then why not people should give it a try and save money. I am not at all a technical person. But I do belive the practical results.

Thanks

Last edited by meridish; 16-Apr-2012 at 1:06 PM.
meridish is offline   Reply With Quote