View Single Post
Old 11-Apr-2016, 12:29 AM   #18
Billiam

If you try a preamp go to Menards and get the RCA pre amp they sell. I use one at my home in Cincinnati in the shadow of many, very strong signals. The RCA is not overloading like other pre amps do when strong signals are present. As a result I am able to get some weak signals from Dayton.

More height on your antenna may help. Try that first. Or try moving it around to one or more different spots on the roof or property to see if that helps. Digital signals are finicky. Right now I live east of KC and use a 4 bay antenna inside my apartment. Moving it from one window (facing west) to another about three feet further south, I am suddenly getting a lot of multipath from Ch. 41 and on Ch. 5. But moving the antenna back to the window further north by 3 feet, suddenly the pictures are fine and very rarely break up.

Also, consider buying some RG11 cable if your cable run is really long. That will reduce some signal loss. I've done that in the past with runs of cable over 50 feet and it added perhaps a half db of signal strength to some of the UHF signals.
Billiam is offline   Reply With Quote