View Single Post
Old 1-Sep-2013, 10:30 PM   #17
Damon459

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundUrMast View Post
Ah... I didn't read carefully. Your patience is equally appreciated. The ANT-751 would make a very good camper antenna.

The HD1850 does qualify as a 'deep fringe' antenna, as does the Winegard HD7698P. A significant difference between the two is that the 1850 has intentional support for real channels 2 through 6, the 7698 does not.

If you know credible talk about adding one or more translators in your area, and they are likely to be using channel 2 through 6, the 1850 would be worth the money and extra wind load area. Otherwise, I'll stick with my recommendations in post #2 of this thread.

You can click on the call signs of each station on your report to see the path profile. It appears that you are severely shadowed by very tall terrain. You are no doubt needing to tilt the antenna toward the top of the ridge where the signals are diffracting over toward you. I would expect there to be sources of reflected signals also.
Wind Load is also important believe it or not the canyon I live in is very windy in the spring, fall, and winter. The canyon is commonly referred to as the HellGate Canyon and we can see winds up to 40MPH even tucked against the mountain where I am. I'm not wanting to spend thousands mind you, but I do need something that can handle Montana's winters including snow, wind, and freezing temperatures. I even considered that "green dish" but I heard it's more hype then anything.
Damon459 is offline   Reply With Quote