View Single Post
Old 21-Jun-2015, 3:40 PM   #12
frank55

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit73 View Post
Yes, you can use the Commscope SVPI Power Inserter to send the power up to the amp by the antenna on the same coax for the signal that comes down to the power inserter and TV. The PCT power inserter would probably work OK.

No, don't do that. It should stay inside near the TV and power inserter. See Attachments.

http://www.commscope.com/Docs/Amplif...llation_II.pdf

http://www.commscope.com/catalog/bro...id=45299&tab=3

Hi rabbit73; i went up in the roof and took down the Rotator and opened it and found out there was a missing bolt that fell off,i replaced it and tightened all of them and sprayed some WD oil and connected a small wire between rotator and control and it started to work like new,put back and connected
just like you suggested the SVA15PRSM near the antenna and the SVPI 12 v insert ,i've also put the SVA15PRSM inside a water proof casing ,.
But i had a little upset, the matching transformer that was attached to the antenna to connect the 75 ohms coaxial cable broke when unbolting it,and couldn't find a shop here that sells them, since we had Radio Shack that closed all over USA, i've just thought of connecting the coaxial cable strait to the antenna with terminals till i could get a matching transformer on line,
but for my surprise it works great without matching transformer i guess i don't need it, and with SVA15PRSM i get double channel ,use to get 34 now get 60 chan, of-course they are duplicated chan, to see the difference in signal i use to get on my converter box signal strength meter on WSBK38- 34 bars now it goes to 55,

rabb73 I appreciate your info,due to it i did not waist money on an Amp that maybe would not make my reception better, but with my existing distribution amp i've got a very good improvement on signal and chan. thanks.

Last edited by frank55; 21-Jun-2015 at 3:44 PM.
frank55 is offline   Reply With Quote