View Single Post
Old 7-Aug-2014, 9:56 AM   #5
StephanieS

Greetings Ultim8,

If you are interested in opinions about if you chose the right antenna, I would offer there are better choices.

I'm not a fan of the 3000HD type of designs due to their limited surface for gathering signals. TV antennas perform best when they have a decent surface area to gather the signal you want receive. This panel antenna is only 14 X 11 - a tiny surface space to gather signals. Second, these type of antennas unlike traditional aerials that can nullify signals that are off the side of the antenna and focus on one direction, the 3000HD type of antenna "takes what's in the air" from all sides - including interference. Lastly, only the strongest signals will be received. This is not an antenna for anything but good to strong signals.

Lucky for you, you have a lovely cluster at magnetic 96 to cover the majority of networks in you area.

If I'd have been in your situation I'd have purchased a Antennacraft HBU11k and mounted outdoors with a clear view to magnetic 96 and would likely through all seasons have reliable reception all of all major networks.

Even PBS WCFE has a good chance of being reliable off the back.

http://www.antennacraft.net/Antennas/AntennasHBU.html

Cheers.

Last edited by StephanieS; 7-Aug-2014 at 10:00 AM.
StephanieS is offline   Reply With Quote