View Single Post
Old 5-Mar-2016, 3:00 PM   #1
hillhome4

Antenna recommendation for East of Seattle wooded area

Greetings from east of Seattle in Bellevue (almost Issaquah)! Here is my TV Signal Analysis I would appreciate any recommendations on a rooftop antenna:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...5134c465790c0a

It is my hope to use an eave mount with no larger than a 5 foot mast on either the north or south end of house which would give me maximum height. This would feed two TVs one with a TiVO OTA Roamio the other its internal tuner. I would run coax from the antenna to a wiring closet (new construction), then the wiring closet would have a splitter to the 2 TVs. Antenna to closet would be about 40 feet. Longest run from closet to TV would be ROUGHLY 100 feet.

The obstacle I see is that there are multiple large trees in the neighbor’s yard in the path of reception (closest tree about 50' away). On a whim to see if I could get ANY reception here I attached an older ClearStream™ 1 Convertible Indoor/Outdoor to a camera tripod on the back patio about 15 below roofline and was able to pick up local channels 4 (ABC), 5 (NBC), 7 (CBS), and 13 (FOX) on a moderate weather day. I would love to be able to pick up channels 9 (PBS) and 11 (CW) IF POSSIBLE.

I was looking at perhaps a Channel Master 8 bay or a Digital Advantage 100. Not sure if a yagi or combination of antenna styles are best given my site with trees.

Thank you for any help!
David
hillhome4 is offline   Reply With Quote