View Single Post
Old 8-Jul-2018, 11:08 PM   #21
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeAZ View Post
There are areas in East Mesa near Falcon Field that TV Fool indicat esare line of sight that are not. In fact, I've gotten better signals from Tucson than some of the Phoenix stations in Ftn Hills and East Mesa. I doubt the signals in your area are as strong as your report suggests. An attic antenna with a tile roof is always a disaster. Even asphalt roofs degrade the signal enough to create problems.
Based on his TVFool report, it looks like he is about 5 miles ESE of Falcon Field. He entered AL for his TVFool report instead of AZ, but Google maps figured it out from the zip code, I think.

Quote:
Perhaps your wife would like to view the tv using an attic antenna and you can watch the tv using an outdoor antenna.
I remember a case where the wife objected to an outside antenna. The husband set up two temporary antennas, one indoors and one on the roof.

He had the wife and two children sit down and vote for which antenna gave the best reception. The children voted for the outdoor antenna for what they wanted to watch; the outdoor antenna won.

Some wives find the design of the Antennas Direct C2V acceptable.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg alavochinTVFmap.JPG (81.3 KB, 1325 views)
File Type: jpg AD C2Vrev.jpg (59.2 KB, 1955 views)

Last edited by rabbit73; 9-Jul-2018 at 12:36 AM.
rabbit73 is offline   Reply With Quote