View Single Post
Old 8-Jan-2013, 10:47 PM   #1
Mosfet1

Help with OTA reception

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...c84f05eadfdc54

I did the TV signal test and the link is posted above. I can be watching TV and all of a sudden the signal is gone sometimes it just goes completely blank and at other times the picture just becomes distorted. This can last for a few minutes or for a second or two. This mostly happens with channel 14 and 11 but has occured on others. I have a rotor and I point my antenna in the direction of the transmitter of the station I am watching. My signal strength is usually in the mid 60's. My antenna is somewhere between 10 and 15 years old and I am using RG6 wire of which about 20ft is new and the other about 20ft is about 10 years old. When I had a new rotor installed the installer said that wire looked ok. I bought and installed a signal amplifier and it does not seem to do anything my wire runs to a spliter then to OTA module on my dish receiver and another spliter which goes to my sound system and to the tv. Any suggestion would be appreciated and I apologize for being long winded and dumb.

Thanks
Mosfet1 is offline   Reply With Quote