View Single Post
Old 1-Aug-2016, 4:04 AM   #10
bobsgarage
Antenna Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledude View Post
Thanks rabbit73.

Here is the different angle of the antenna placement. The black cross is where the antenna location on the roof. As you can see, trees in front of the antenna (lower than antenna I think) and another tree behind it and its taller than antenna. But I tried to point the antenna to in between the trees as much as I could.

Here are pictures of the antenna from different angles. As you can see, it sit right on the edge of the roof to make it easier for me to readjust it when I have to.

At the time I purchased it, my research shown that, that antenna is the best antenna in the market and its cheap. I bought it from Radio Shack and I think it's an RCA antenna. Its only like 30 something bucks. Hope the pictures help a bit.

Many thanks again for all of your help rabbit73. You are awesome as always. :-)
I it possible to put a tripod up on the peak of your roof? That would get you 8 feet higher with out a mast, but with a 10-15 foot mast you would change the whole game.

3 foot tripods are cheap and easy to work with, but consider a 5 foot at Solid Signal, cheaper and heavier duty than most 3 footers and at 30 bucks, can't beat it:

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=sky6046

The tripod has extra bracing inside. That and some schedule 40 mast could do the trick, without guy wires. Low budget fix. Just make sure that at least one mast leg goes into a rafter.

The satellite mast was put in the best place for satellite reception. Those trees are going to require some height.
bobsgarage is offline   Reply With Quote