View Single Post
Old 18-Sep-2018, 10:22 PM   #30
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv
The black line in the picture of post #25 is a result one guy on the TV, one guy moving the mast. We did that (my neighbor and I) a long time ago. The green line is where it is now which is producing results for 12.1 but the UHF’s seem to have been reduced. I’ve pretty much decided to go with the two antennas. I’ll start with the VHF on green and the UHF on black and go from there. A tool that I didn’t have then is the SDT tuner which is on the network. I can bring my phone up to the antenna and have eyes on the tuners signal strength meter which will make tuning much easier.
Signal strength is certainly important, but you want the maximum signal quality and 100% symbol quality.

Quote:
I’ll order all this stuff today or tomorrow, hopefully get it in next week for low altitude tuning and then get it back up to full height by the end of the month.

Thank you for all the help and invaluable information. Once it’s up and going (if I don’t have any more questions) I’ll get back to you with the results and pictures.
Thank you for the update.

Good luck with your project. I hope that you will see an improvement in reception.

Best regards,
rabbit

Last edited by rabbit73; 18-Sep-2018 at 10:27 PM.
rabbit73 is offline   Reply With Quote