View Single Post
Old 13-Mar-2013, 5:48 PM   #4
stvcmty

Teleview and Ground Ur Mast, thank you for the quick replies. I enjoy reading your suggestions for other people’s reception questions, so I am glad to get your opinions on my situation.

It sounds like there are two votes for the DB8e. I went to solidsignal and they list it as “Pre-Release”. When will it become available to order? It looks like the “right” antenna is not available at the moment, and what I have works “good enough for now”, so for now I will wait.

Out of curiosity, what are the benefits of a DB8e over a 91XG?

While doing all this, I might as well do it the best I can. Is there be any benefit to having one preamp for a VHF antenna and a separate preamp for a UHF antenna? Then the UVSJ would be after the preamp’s but before the distribution in the house.

-----------------------------------------

As an aside, does the FCC rule limiting what a HOA can say about TV antennas protect FM antennas? If I am going to put up 29’ of mast, I should have some space on the mast for a dedicated FM antenna.

-----------------------------------------

Is WETA a lost cause long term? The pending TV fool plot shows WGAL having a translator on RF27.
stvcmty is offline   Reply With Quote