View Single Post
Old 25-Feb-2011, 7:31 PM   #7
mtownsend

Well, I can't think of any way to explain how you are receiving the channels you are getting. Channel 19.1 does show up as the third channel in your TV Fool report, but channels 4, 7, and 13 do not appear to be within reach of your location.

I tried to look for repeaters or translators that might make it possible for you to receive these channels, but I couldn't find anything that matched.

I don't really have an explanation for what you're seeing. According to your location analysis, there should not be any OTA signals in your area to give you these channels.

The other possibilities I can think of are:

1) Maybe the address lookup of your location is way off. Have you tried the Interactive Maps to see if the address lookup is analyzing the correct location?

2) There's a chance you are picking up signals from unintended sources. There have been cases where cable network systems have "leaked" enough signal to be picked up by nearby TVs. There's a remote possibility that your antenna is picking up leaked signal that was not intended for OTA broadcast.

Are you getting analog or digital versions of these channels (i.e., do you get 4.1, 7.1, 13.1, and 19.1 sub-channels? do you see any "snow")?

Is your TV input set up for "Air" or for "Cable" reception?
mtownsend is offline   Reply With Quote