View Single Post
Old 10-Aug-2016, 12:47 AM   #11
crashHD

I've considered removing the reflectors. I thought that made a bowtie bidirectional, but wasn't sure until it was confirmed here.

I'm hesitant to do that for a few reasons.
The antenna has a lifetime warranty I'd kind of like to be able to collect on if it ever has a problem (wouldn't be the first antenna around here that failed to stand up to wind on top of a tower). I think modifying it in such a manner might void the warranty.
The backside stations aren't that important. Most of them are duplicates of networks already received. My interest in trying to pull them in is...I don't really know how to explain it, but just because I think I can.
Lastly, this antenna isn't going to the top of the tower, so removing the reflectors would mean the backside reception has the antenna tower in the way. I'm not certain what effects this will have, but I'm going to assume it would not be helpful. If I wanted to attempt reception in this manner, would it be worth the effort to make an offset mount, such that the antenna is either to the north or to the south of the tower, and thus the tower is not in either the east or west signal direction? Or would the tower's effect be negligible (not what I would guess, but admittedly beyond my experience at this point).
crashHD is offline   Reply With Quote