View Single Post
Old 25-Feb-2016, 2:42 PM   #11
Sev

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreese235 View Post
I actually haven't done any live streaming other than on Sports Devil. So I can't really comment on any of the addons mentioned. I do everything with 1Channel, Exodus and Project Free TV for the most part. As far as a VPN, no. I just plug direct from my modem. I'm not technically savvy and don't even know what a VPN is, haha. I will take a look at the list you provided and check a few out. I'm still very new to the streaming community, but so far I really like it.
Ah. I hear you.
VPN is a Virtual Private Network.
Your purpose in having an active one is for privacy. For streaming purposes is it to keep your service provider in the dark about what you are doing and where.
They frown upon certain streaming activities and may send you a disconnect warning.
You should check various forums to see where your service provider stands on the matter.
I have not had a problem personally. However, what they do not know wont hurt them.

What you need to look for are routers that can act as a VPN client. Not a server. Though many of them can act as both. Which is fine.
It should have a strong processor for decryption purposes. Everything over a VPN is encrypted and decrypted. This can effect bandwidth.

Another factor to consider. If you use an antenna to catch local stations you diminish your data usage on the net.

Last edited by Sev; 25-Feb-2016 at 2:44 PM.
Sev is offline   Reply With Quote