View Single Post
Old 25-Feb-2016, 12:44 PM   #9
Sev

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreese235 View Post
I've had the box now for a week and love it. It takes a little more time to find the shows you want but its worth the $100+ savings every month. Gone are the days of channel surfing. We made a list of shows that we like and the addons that we have the best luck with. If one isnt working well on one we simply move on to the next. i watched live sports last night as well, Penguins and Bruins hockey game. My total investment with the C2V antenna that I have and the Skystream X5 is right around $350. It will have paid for itself in three months. Absolutely no regrets. One piece of advice if you go that route, be patient with the addons. Sometimes they go down for a few days or up to a week. These programs are not maintained by huge companies, usually its a few people. Generally speaking, the developers will push an update within a few days and everything is up and running again. Don't get married to one streaming addon, make sure you have a few that you like. This particular box comes with alot already loaded onto it. It is literally plug and play. Sorry to ramble on about it but i'm just very impresses with it. Good luck.
Sounds like a good device. I am using Pheonix, Navi-x and the usual suspects.
I was just looking at a best "Live TV" addon review.
https://seo-michael.co.uk/best-live-...for-xbmc-kodi/
Anything in there you are pleased with?

Currently I have an ATV2 with Kodi. It works well but the limited memory and CPU size really make the thing drag. Its responce time basically sucks. The cache size is really to small for adequate buffering.

Have you put a VPN in between you and your surface provider? I bought PureVPN for 2 years for 48 bucks. I picked up a Netgear R6300v2 with dd-wrt and working on configuring it. I am hoping the the 800MHz dual core processors will be enough to minimize any bandwidth loss.
Sev is offline   Reply With Quote