View Single Post
Old 30-Jul-2011, 2:41 AM   #11
Tide1

Plans

Here is what I have decided to do for now. Since I already have the DB8 antenna, I am going to go ahead and mount it with the preamp and see what all I can get. I checked the Electronics store and they are closed this weekend so the plan to get a channel master is on hold for now. It will need to be ordered if I decide to go that route.

From what you see on my TV Fool listing do you think I have a shot at all with getting a reliable signal from WDBB and WCFT with the DB8?

I guess I should give some background on what I am trying to accomplish. The reason I am wanting to get the antenna set up is because of when there is heavy rain the Dish Network Signal goes kaput and therefore no local channels. This is a concern in times of severe weather. If I can at the least receive WCFT OTA then one of their subchannels is a radar and the weather guy breaks in and stays live on that channel in times of severe weather in the Birmingham Market area. We had a bad experience in April this year with tornadoes all around and basically had nothing but a weather radio which seems too slow.
Tide1 is offline   Reply With Quote